- 2012 Social Justice Issues in Local and Global Contexts:, Sault Ste Marie: Landon Elsmere
The Intellectual and Political Legacies of Kwame Nkrumah, London: Cambridge Scholars: (Forthcoming)
- Children of the Cold War: Those Time Forgot, University Press of America (Pending)
2011 Social Justice in Local and Global Contexts: Key Concepts. DaySpring Publishing
- (2008) Children of the Cold War: Those Time Forgot, Africa World Press (Pending)
- (2001)In the Shadows of the Kremlin and the White House: Africa’s Media Image From Communism to Post-Communism, University Press of America
- 2001 In the Shadows of the Kremlin and the White House: Africa’s Media Image from Communism to
Post-Communism. Lanham: University Press of America.
From Colonization to Globalization: The Intellectual and Political Legacies of Kwame Nkrumah, co-edited with Frances Chiang, Surrey: DaySprings Publishing
Chapters in books
- 2009 “The Myth of Race and the Reality of Racism,” edited by Frank Tridico, Joseph Pellerito and Jacob Armstrong. Landon Elsemere Press.
- 2009 “Terrorism” (co-authored with David Barry and Meghan Kenny). In Issues in Social Justice, edited
by Frank Tridico, Joseph Pellerito and Jacob Armstrong. Landon Elsemere Press.
- 2008 “Quist-Adade, Charles. 2008. “Challenges Confronted and Lessons (Un)Leanred: Linking Students from the University of Ghana and Kwantlen University College.” In Education for a Digital World. Commonwealth of Learning.
- Quist-Adade, Charles. 2008. “Teaching anti-racism through [un]learning and praxis.” In Teaching Race in Social Science and Humanities Higher Education. Emily Horowitz (ed.), University of Birminghan Monographs.
- 2007 “The Ones They Left Behind: the Life and Plight of African Russians” in The African Russian Diaspora Volume One, edited by Maxim Matusev
- 1999 “The Russian Version of Africa’s Tarzan Image.” In Global Dynamics, Ablex
- 1995 “Africa, The Kremlin and the Press: The Russian Soul Comprehending the African Spirit.” Communication In Eastern Europe: History, Culture and Media in Conflicts Edited by Fred Casmir, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Mahwah, N.J. (Chapter 10) pp. 247-276
- 1993 “Glasnost Glosses over Africa.” Whose Story, Jill Spelliscy and Gerald B. Sperling (editors), Detselig Enterprises Ltd, Calgary, Canada, pp 75-79.
Selected Articles Published in Refereed Journals
- 2009 Quist-Adade, (2009).“How I teach the Sociological Imagination and Globalization” Journal of Transformative Dialogue. Volume 3, Issue 2November, 2009
- 2008 Quist-Adade, Charles. 2008. “Linking students from the University of Ghana and Kwantlen University College: Challenges Confronted and Lessons (UN)Learned,” in African Higher Education Research Online July.
- Quist-Adade, Charles. 2007. Teaching and [Un]Learning “Race” to “Non-Black” Students by a Quist-Adade, Charles (2007). “Black” Professor.” Journal of Transformative Dialogue. Volume 1, Issue 2, October 2007
- “What does the scholarship of teaching and learning mean to me?” Journal of Transformative Dialogue. Vol.1, Issue 1, May 2007
- 2007 With Anita Van Wyk. “The Role of Canadian and US NGOs and the Socio-Cultural Structures of Africa” Africa Development
- Quist-Adade, Charles. 2008. “Linking students from the University of Ghana and Kwantlen University College: Challenges Confronted and Lessons (UN)Learned,” in African Higher Education Research Online July.
- Quist-Adade, Charles. 2007. “Ghana and Canada – 50 Years of Friendship,” Journal of Pan-African Studies, vol.1, no.9.
- Quist-Adade, Charles and Anita Van Wyk. 2007. “The Role of Canadian and US NGOs and the Socio-Cultural Structures of Africa.” African Development, vol XXXII, no.2.
- Quist-Adade, Charles. 2007. “What does the scholarship of teaching and learning mean to me?” Transformative Dialogues-Teaching and Learning Journal, Kwantlen University College, Surrey, BC.
- Quist-Adade, Charles. (revise and re-submit). “The Making of the African Diaspora in Russia.” Journal of International Migration.
- Reparations Means More than Monetary Compensation, Journal of Pan-African Studies. (Pending)
- 2005 “Shift in the Reasons Why Adults Seek HIV Testing in the United States: Policy Implications.” co-authored with Joseph Inungu. The Aids Reader.
- Glasnost and Africa: Africa’s Media Image in Russia During the Gorbachev Years.” Class and Race, London, U. K.
- 1994 “Africa’s Image in the Russian Press,” Communication, (South African Journal for Communication Theory), Vol. 20 (2), Pretoria, South Africa, pp. 32-45.
- 1993 “The ex-Soviet Press and Africa After the Cold War,” Class and Race, London, October-December. <
- 1988 “The Africans Who Train Behind the Iron Curtain,” Commonwealth Press Union Quarterly, London, April.
Selected Published Articles in the Popular Press
- Global Turmoil And Ethnoviolence
- A Speech And A Dream: Lessons Learned And Still To Be Learned
- Defending Our Civil Liberties
- The Islam-Christian, North-South Divide In Africa And False Gods
- Unravelling A Dream: Nkrumah’s Vision
- African Dictators and How The West Deals With Them
- Canada’s Over-Educated Black Underclass
- Negotiation, Not Retribution
- Africa’s Second Independence
- Is Violence In Our Nature?
- Black History Month And African Unity
- Whose Global Village? Does The Global Village Include My Village?
- Dr. Charles Quist-Adade, PV Special Correspondent, Vancouver …
- Charles Quist-Adade is new GCABC president – The Patriotic Vanguard
- Sociology instructor talks about the future of black history – The …
- Ghanaian-Canadian Professors Support Schools, Libraries and …
- Ghanaian-Canadian Association of BC awards scholarships – The …
- Can African People Save Themselves? – The Patriotic Vanguard
- Vancouver: Black Canadian Studies Association Formed – The …
- The Islam-Christian, North-South Divide in Africa and False Gods …
- Ghanaians in BC Fete Snow Leopard – The Patriotic Vanguard
- Who are the Real Pirates in Somalia? – The Patriotic Vanguard
- Vancouver: Black Canadian Studies Association Formed – The …
- Thank you Bush, for giving us Obama! – The Patriotic Vanguard
- Ghanaian Community in BC pulls together for Haiti
- The Centenary Anniversary of Africa’s Man of Millennium Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana and Global Africa’s Destiny
- An Open Letter to His Excellency President Barack Obama on the Eve of Your Historic African Trip
Other artices and links
Ghana Canada Association of British Columbia
Media Links and Articles